The cost of dental Implant treatment to Patients in the UK exceeds the cost for comparative treatment in other countries by far. 10000 UK Patients a year travel to India, the USA or Hungary. Compared with other Countries in the Euro Zone the UK is placing fewer Implants than any other European Country. The reason is that Implant Manufacturers have been able to get away with high prices for a long time … However with the current economic downturn and the possibilities of the Internet British Patients looking for Alternatives.
Before you commit to travelling abroad for dental treatment, it’s important you are fully aware of what to expect and what risks are involved. You may know how to raise concerns about your dental treatment in the UK, but are you familiar with the process in a foreign country?
Some of the questions you may want to ask are:
• Who will be carrying out my treatment and what qualifications do they have?
• Will the dental team speak English? If not, will you provide a translator on the day of the procedure? • Do you have any references or testimonials from previous patients?
• How many times have you carried out the procedure I am having? What are the rates of success, complication, readmission and infection?
• Are you regulated by a professional body and do you have to be registered with them?
• Is the work guaranteed for a certain period of time? • What aftercare do you provide?
• What happens if I am unhappy with the results? Who pays for the extra flights, hotel and remedial work? • If there are complications and I need further treatment, is this included in the initial cost? • Do you have insurance to cover this procedure? • Do you have a complaints system in place? Can I see a copy of it? • Who can I contact for advice after the treatment?
The completion of implant treatment takes at least 3 visits which includes 3 flights and hotel stays. After a long dental treatment session ahead or finished that doesn’t make it a holiday stay. Most probably you will be not in the mood for sightseeing let alone nightlife enjoyment. You also need to calculate your additional costs: don’t forget car travel from and to UK Airports, Airport Parking Charges, and Return Flights not to forget Taxi fares from and to the clinic. If you travel in company costs like meals and getting around will add up too.
Flying after dental extractions or implant placement: the flight cabin is pressurized of an altitude of 10,000 feet. Therefore it is not recommended to fly for 48 hours after treatment.
The cost of Implants is one of the main factors for the high cost of the Treatment. But there are now High Quality Implants available at lower prices. Unfortunately due to “Brainwashing” and aggressive marketing of the Major Implant Companies many Practitioners in the UK are not aware that the time has come to leave the Comfort zone and be proactive to keep British Patients in the UK.
But there is hope: a handful of clinics in the UK charge between £1200 and £1500 for an implant completed with crown. Atlantic Dental located in the far South West of the country has attracted quite a few patients from ‘up country’ who couldn’t get affordable dental implant or other restorative treatment in their local area.
The lively town of Newquay in Cornwall doesn’t spring to mind if it comes to “Dental Tourism” however just 5 miles away fromNewquay-CornwallAirportit can be reached via London Gatwick in 50 min. The sleeper train from London Paddington takes slightly longer but it brings direct to the doorsteps of the clinic. Accommodation even in the Holiday Saison is affordable.
Atlantic Dental doesn’t just offer dental implants but also alternatives like Telescopic Dentures or Precision Attachments. Facial Rejuvenation and Orthodontic Treatments are also provided.